When it comes to gaming laptops, HP Omen and HP Victus are preferred choice of many gamers. Since these laptops contain faster processors and dedicated graphics cards, users face reduced battery run time since hardware they carry are power hungry. To tackle that issue, there are several software and hardware level tweaks that can actually extend your battery backup time by 25 – 50 percent:
1. Use native “Battery Saver”. Go to Settings > Sytem > Power & Battery > Battery Saver > Turn Battery Saver on Automatically at > Always (100%)
This setting will turn on battery saver as soon as you disconnect external charger
2. Use OMEN Gaming Hub application developed by HP to boost and optimize performance of laptop while playing games and performing other tasks. You can also use it to extend battery life by optimizing system performance
Open OMEN Gaming Hub > Victus/OMEN Laptop > Performance Control > Quiet
By selecting quiet mode, overall system performance will reduce. CPU and GPU fans speed will also decrease to reduce power consumption.
3. Go to BIOS settings (Press F10 immediately after turning on laptop) > Configuration > Fan Always On > Disabled
Now cooling fan will turn on only when CPU will reach certain temperature. After lowering down temperature it will stop running thus saving your laptop battery.
Follow these other tips to further increase battery backup time:
4. Turn off Keyboard light if not required
5. Reduce Screen brightness to minimum
6. Turn off bluetooth and nearby sharing
7. Lower music volume or use headphones
8. Remove connected external devices like portable hard drives, SSDs and flash drives when not using them